Really good things are meant to be shared. Here are some recent finds!
- Lunchskins ® - these eco-chic reusable lunch bags made of a food safe, dishwasher-proof, durable fabric are saving kids from a 67 lb per year plastic sandwich bag habit. That’s a landfill of opportunity to be kind to the planet. Visit www.3greenmoms.com
- Gardein TM – in my own pursuit of leaning into a meat-reduced existence I chanced upon Gardein, protein from the garden, you bet! Slightly skeptical, I charged ahead in hot pursuit of a meat-free product that tasted like chicken but was rooted in greener pastures. So far I have loved all the varieties I have tried including Chick’n Scallopini (I add fresh sautéed Spring onions, Earth Butter and white wine), Tuscan Breasts in a tomato and basil sauce (I melt some fresh mozzarella or dairy-free cheese – a better chicken parmigiana I don’t recall.) Don’t miss the Beefless Tips or the crispy meat-free Tenders either. Find them in either the refrigerated or frozen vegan section of your green grocer. Run!
- ZEROWATER ® The only filtered water that meets FDA definition for purified bottled water. It comes with an independent laboratory-calibrated water tester. Seeing was believing when I tested the pitcher and faucet filter I have been using. I found mine at Target.
- Good read: The Engine 2 Diet. Here is a clip of the author, marathoner and Texas firefighter Rip Esselstyn talking about his ‘plant strong lifestyle’ on the TODAY Show. YouTube – “Engine 2 Diet” author Rip Esselstyn on The Today Show
- Cocoa Bliss from Artisana ® – 100% organic, raw chocolate coconut butter. This sugar cane-free, rich, creamy, chocolaty coconut spreadable nectar is guilt-free indulgence. By the spoonful, in a smoothie or spread on your favorite fruit, cracker, energy bar or freshly baked bread, this vegan treat lives up to its’ title. Dig in! www.premierorganics.org Westerley’s in NYC is my source.
An admitted, healthy food product junkie, I share more on my 'Favorite Healthy Things' Pinterest Board https://www.pinterest.com/ronnacorlin/ and on Instagram (Wholefoodieronna) http://instagram.com/wholefoodieronna
To your best health, starting now